Friday, January 20, 2012

My super amazing breakfast

Sooo, my wonderful WW friendsies, I had the most amazing breakfast and only 3.5 points!!  And it was a HUGE serving!  You could very easily bulk it up with more veggies, add another point or two and use real cheese, or make it even less points and leave out the breadcrumbs.  Either way - fabulous and definitley worth making for a yummy breakfast or light lunch!

Sautee w/ Pam spray for about five to eight minutes.....

(these are the veggies I used, but obviously you could use whatever one's you had in your fridge. I would definitley love to add portobello mushrooms, scallions and zucchini next time!)
  • half an onion - chopped
  • quarter of a red and green pepper - chopped
  • half a bag of fresh spinach
  •  1 and 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli (I used frozen because it was easier)
  • salt & pepper liberally
  • I also added some crushed red pepper flakes for heat - but clearly optional
In a pie dish...(or anything similar size.  If you're doing a 9x13 cake pan - you'll need to double the recipe)
  • again, spray with Pam
  • sprinkle 1/4 cups of plain bread crumbs (leave out if you want less points - 3pts total for breadcrumbs) all over the bottom of the pie dish
  • Layer the following.....
    • all of the veggie mixture
    • 1/4 cup of deli ham (I use Boars Head Tavern Ham - shaved)
    • 1/4 cup fat free cheddar cheese (obviously play with this if you want different cheese and adjust points accordingly)
    • egg mixture
      • in a bowl mix 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, 2TB heaving whipping cream, 1/4 cup skim milk, pour in last to pie dish
Bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes - it should be firm, not jiggly.  Let cool before you cut.  I cut it into 4 slices total - so it's a BIG piece.  If you were really hungry you could eat half the pie for only 7pts!

Hope you enjoy as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment