Sunday, January 15, 2012

Asian Crab Rangoon

So I literally just made these, and let me tell you what - SO good!  One thing I miss the most is Chinese food, but unfortunately it's truly not good for you.  Sushi can be ok, but Chinese food is just bad on so many levels, so what's a girl to do?!  Make your own!!  At first, of course it won't be as good, but once you eat it a couple of times - trust me, you won't miss the bad stuff nearly as much. 

These are a bit of a pain to make, only because you have to fill each wonton - but I just made a huge batch of 41 wontons (the entire recipe) so I will eat them all week.  These are 1 point each, compared to 5 points each, and pretty dang on good if I do say so myself.  Hope you all enjoy!!!

  • 41 wonton wrappers
  • 1/2 cup imitation crab
  • 1 package of fat free cream cheese (room temp)
  • 1/2 package of light cream cheese (room temp)
  • 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
  • 3 green onions (scallions) sliced thinly (I just use my scissors)
  • 2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix all ingredients together.  I used my food processor, but if you don't have one - simply cut up your crab meat or buy it shredded.  Spoons work just as well. :)

Place 1/2 TB into the middle of each wonton wrapper, seal with a little bit of water around the edges.  Sealing them is an important step as my first batch ended up being inside out, so to speak.

Place on cookie sheet and spray each one with Pam Spray.  Cook for 10-12 minutes on one side, take out of oven, flip and spray again.  Cook for an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden and crunchy!

I eat them with sweet chili sauce by Red Hot - 1 pt for 2 TB, but whatever you want - just count the points.

I'm serving this with my asian veggies for a complete meal.  SO good.  Hope you enjoy as much as I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment