Monday, April 9, 2012

The Road Less Traveled

So I haven't weighed in yet today, but this is the first time in a little over a month (so my 5th weigh in) that I have felt encouraged to go.  I realize there were mitigating circumstances and I didn't give up or start eating poorly - it was simply the feeling of being "stuck" on this journey that I have really enjoyed so far that really impacted the way I viewed myself, food and being motivated to continue moving towards the life I really want.

All that to be said, I am crossing my fingers the weigh in today represents my hard work, dedication and commitment to myself first, and then my family.  I'm excited to go and get on that scale!  How many women do you hear saying that? :) 

I want to encourage each of you that REGARDLESS OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES, do not give up, do not give in, and do not stop believing in yourself.  The whole purpose of a journey is to go somewhere you never would have otherwise, but these things take time.  If every journey was easy, everyone would do them - BUT we are different.  We chose a hard, long, laborious journey of living a healthy lifestyle at a healthy weight.  As the majority of Americans now are overweight or obese, we are truly taking the road less traveled, and it really is making all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment