Thursday, February 23, 2012

Favorite Food Products & Best Tips!!

This is a post for all of the newbies joining our loser community :) - as well as a reminder to those of us who have been at it for a bit.  One of the main lessons I learned from my lackadaisical week is that going back to the basics is where its at.  The program works for a reason, so work the program!

Favorite WW Products I've found so far:
  • Mini Phyllo Pastry Shells - found in the same freezer section as cool whip.  Ours were hidden, so look carefully or ask!  These are good for just about everything. :)
  • PB2 powdered peanut butter.  It's pricey, but the best if you're a peanut butter-holic like me.  Two tablespoons are only 1 point!!!  (You mix it with water, you don't eat it powdered.)  Again, keep you expectations realistic, but I swear by it.  I eat it plain, on tortillas, with veggies or fruit,  in smoothies, and in recipes that call for peanut butter.  Here is the link for it on amazon!!  http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-Calories/dp/B002GJ9JWS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1330055714&sr=8-3
  • Mission Carb Plus Tortillas.  1 point for the small ones, 2 points for the medium size.  These are great for veggie tacos, tortilla pizzas, enchiladas, sandwiches, you name it.
  • Jennie O extra lean ground turkey and turkey kielbasa.  I use the ground turkey for so many things and the turkey kielbasa for breakfast skillets (one of Perg's and my favorite meals).  The healthiest meat I've found by far.
  • Gordon's Grilled Shrimp!  The whole bag is only 6 points!!!!  Delicious on their own, or in pasta, tacos, etc.
  • Popchips with french onion dip made with low-fat mayo and fat free sour cream.  YUM!!!!
  • You need a food processor for this one, but banana soft serve ice cream!!  Freeze some bananas, puree in food processor for approximately 5 minutes - voila - you'll swear its soft serve ice cream!  I know it sounds too good to be true, but crazy enough, it is. :)  Or if you want the "ice cream" but don't want to buy a food processor - get this instead.  It's SO cool and I want one really bad.  :)  http://www.amazon.com/Yonanas-902-Cream-Treat-Silver/dp/B005083ECS/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1330057179&sr=1-1-catcorr

Best Tips I've Learned so far in the WW world:
  • Drink your water!!!  And keep track of how much you drink.  Don't "think" you got your daily water in, KNOW!
  • Measure your food.  I got lazy with this last week thinking I knew the correct portion sizes and it nearly bit me in my slowly shrinking booty.  There is a reason for this - it's called portion control.  We are Americans, we don't understand this - so measure!!!!  No excuses. 
  • Journal absolutely everything that goes in your mouth.  Even if it's just a taste.
  • BLT's!!  Bites, licks and tastes count as one point - so make sure it's worth it.
  • Sugar free mint gum or mints=appetite suppressant.  So are lemons.  Between meals if you're feeling snacky - suck on a lemon slice or chew a piece of mint gum - it really will help.
  • Failure to plan is planning to fail.  Write out and plan your meals for the week.  Prepare snacks in advance - getting to where you're starving is just a recipe to make bad choices. 
  • Bulk up everything you eat with tons of veggies or fruits.  For example, my husbands breakfast skillet has onions and peppers along with his turkey kielbasa & hashbrowns.  Mine has onions, peppers, zucchini, spinach, garlic, portobellos, so on and so forth - along with the kielbasa and measured hashbrowns.  I get to eat just as much as him, just with free point foods instead!  You hopefully get the idea. :)
  • Be active.  Even if you can't or don't want to exercise - be active.  Every little bit adds up!
  • Last one, and I know it sounds a little lame, but I have the lost pounds to prove it works!  When you wake up in the morning - stretch really tall, then touch your toes slowly, and breathe deeply for a couple of times.  Get your mind right and ready to start the day.  I have a baby who normally wakes me up, but taking the best care of him means taking care of me first - so take a deep breath, stretch out those muscles and know you got this!

There are a million more I'm sure I could come up with, but this is a great place to start or go back to. REMEMBER - NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING HEALTHY AND THIN FEELS.  Enjoy every day, indulge where it matters to you, but keep tight to the program.  It works, it really really works.  Go kick some WW butt!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment